If I file bankruptcy, can I include money owed to the IRS for taxes? 

Yes, under certain circumstances. The taxes must be regular 1040 taxes, they must have been filed on time, and they must be more than 3 years old. If they have not been filed or they were not filed on time, they still may be dischargeable but the time period will be longer than 3 years depending on the circumstances. 

Please call our office for a FREE initial consultation to discuss whether Bankruptcy will work for you.


Please call our office for a free initial consultation* 

Battle Creek:        Phone  (269) 968-1101

4625 Beckley Rd,             Fax       (269) 968-9505

Bldg 400       

Battle Creek, MI 49015, USA                                      

Kalamazoo:           Phone  (269) 324-7344

6312 West Main Street     Fax       (269) 324-2767

Kalamazoo, MI 49009, USA


* Except Asset Protection & Family Law consultations