Does my spouse get to keep some of my income if I go into a nursing home?​


It depends. If your spouses income is less than $2,030 per month, then your spouse can draw from your income to make up the difference. The remainder of your income will go to the nursing home. If your spouse can prove he or she needs more than the $2,030 per month for necessary household expenses (mortgage, property taxes, rent, utilities, phone, etc.), then the income limit may be raised up to $3,090 per month. 


Please call our office for a free initial consultation* 

Battle Creek:               (269) 968-1101

4625 Beckley Rd, Bldg 400

Battle Creek, MI 49015, USA                                      

Kalamazoo:                 (269) 324-7344

6312 West Main Street

Kalamazoo, MI 49009, USA

* Except Asset Protection & Family Law consultations