Can I make changes to my Will myself?

No, you should not. A "change" to your Will should be done legally by using a Codicil. A Codicil is an amendment to your Will.  Any change that you do on your own may be invalid. If it was important enough for you to make the change to begin with, then it should be important enough to have a Codicil prepared by an attorney to be sure you wishes are followed.  

Please call our office for a free initial consultation to discuss your Estate Plan.


Please call our office for a free initial consultation* 

Battle Creek:               (269) 968-1101

4625 Beckley Rd, Bldg 400

Battle Creek, MI 49015, USA                                      

Kalamazoo:                 (269) 324-7344

6312 West Main Street

Kalamazoo, MI 49009, USA

* Except Asset Protection & Family Law consultations